Clarisonic Mia Review: 1 Year Update

For my very first Clarisonic Mia post I said my final update on this journey would be 6 months but we are completely past that date and it's actually nearly at a year since I started using Clarisonic.  I am ok with this because I would've wrote the same things 6 months ago as I am about to today. With that said, let's go through the guidelines that I established to evaluate my experience using this little gadget.



Start from the beginning...

Clarisonic Mia Review: Two Weeks Update

Clarisonic Mia Review: One Month Update

Clarisonic Mia Review: Three Months Update


1. Effectiveness at removing makeup - The less residue makeup that remains on my face, the less random zits will pop up.

Gone are the clogged pores and randomly predictable breakouts that I would get from makeup residue. I no longer worry about how makeup can clog my pores after wearing it for a full day. The Mia is still doing what it did best a year ago and as advertised so this is 10/10!

2. Cleanliness of skin immediately after use.

Yes! Every single time. 10/10!


3. Cleanliness of skin maintained with regular use - I have an oily t-zone where zits are most likely to appear. I hope the use of the Clarisonic Mia will vastly improve these areas and reduce acne problems.

I specifically chose three troubled areas to observe and as a final post on the Mia, it makes sense to bring back the early photos of said areas to compare with today's.


Clarisonic Mia Review Use After 1 month forehead acneClarisonic Mia Review Use After 3 months forehead acne
Clarisonic Mia Review Use After One 1 Year forehead acne









[left to right] Photo # 1 is from one month using Mia, photo # 2 is 3 months and photo # 3 is after 1 year. I apologize for photo #3. That is actually how my skin looks.... It has pink tones to it. It took the longest time before I realized my camera was set to Fluroscent white balance setting. :( That is why photo #1 and #2 looks so yellow.

The biggest improvement I saw from all three areas of my skin is my forehead. It still has the little bumps but very few compared to what it used to be in photo #1 and while it's not included in photo #2, I actually had a recovering scar from a breakout at the time it was taken where compared to the entire forehead of photo #3, there were no breakouts at all. Things are pretty steady up here. Small bumps here and there but much fewer and pimples are a very rare occurrence.







Clarisonic Mia Review Use After One month skin texture rednessClarisonic Mia Review Use After three months skin texture redness 

Clarisonic Mia Review Use After One 1 Year skin texture redness




[left to right] Photo # 3 is the one year mark, middle photo is 3 months and photo #1 is from the 1 month mark. Nothing dramatic has happened since the 3 months update. If anything, this updated photo tells me I need to switch my face cream cause it looks redder than it was before!!!



  Clarisonic Mia Review Use After three months skin texture white bumps acne labretClarisonic Mia Review Use After One month skin texture white bumps acne labret

Clarisonic Mia Review Use After One 1 year skin texture white bumps acne labret

[left to right] Once again, sorry for the lighting differences. Photo # 3 has the most accurate colors. The area below my lips and above the chin, a.k.a. labret, is a troubled area prone to breakouts. After a year of using the Mia, this area is mostly under control. I still get breakouts every now and then but much less frequently and the skin texture has improved considerably from a year ago.

Mia stands well against the test of time and delivers measurable results with continued usage. 9.5/10

5. Noticeably better absorption of facial products - I see the Clarisonic as an investment for my skin. I am saving money over time if I don't need as much product for the same results.

I can't tell if there are additional improvements to what I first observed in the beginning so I will keep the  8/10 rating.


I think it was the right decision to have choosen these specific facial areas and to monitor them for changes as a way to evaluate Mia's effectiveness. I learned through the limitations of the Mia that in addition to cleanliness, good health is also much needed for good skin. Your skin is the largest organ of your body therefore, the quality of the your skin is a direct reflection on the quality of your health. Things like staying hydrated, healthy diets, and adequate rest are factors to good skin that never go out of style.

I never expected this little machine to solve all my skin problems but it exceeded my expectations in a few key areas - facial cleanliness after use and the results from continued use. There isn't a product I know of out there right now that delivers more value than the Clarisonic Mia at the cost of $125 USD. I replaced the brush heads twice at $25 a piece so that's $50 total. I use the Mia daily and let's say it's been exactly a year so that's 365 days/times used:

$125+$50 = $175/365 days
= $0.48 per day 

It costs $0.48 excluding battery charges and facial cleansers but you're paying less than $0.50 just to use the machine. For similar benefits to what the Mia can do, you could get professional facials instead which costs between $40-$200+. For the sake of this example, say the average person pays $75 for a treatment every month. A fairly reasonable dollar amount and frequency. This little bit of monthly pampering adds up to $900 a year. Obviously, the services and goods you get at a salon&spa is nowhere near using the Mia for a minute a day but looking strictly at skin results, the Mia is comparable to pro facials and is a super duper economical choice! A worthy investment, girls. And a well taken care of machine should last you more than a year. In the second year, the cost of using the Mia with two brush head replacements goes down to $0.24 per use.

The Clarisonic Mia is now officially on my Perfect 10! list. I knew it three months into using it but at the one year mark, without a doubt, it's 10, 10, 10. Thank you for coming onto this journey with me. I hope you were able to find some useful information on here to help you decide if this machine is for you. I don't foresee any updates unless I get requests. I may write a post on the odds and ends I've noticed about the brush heads and using the machine. Until then, my lovelies!


Start from the beginning...


Clarisonic Mia Review: Two Weeks Update

Clarisonic Mia Review: One Month Update

Clarisonic Mia Review: Three Months Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Love it! Live it! Makeup Reviews © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects