Benefit BADgal Lashes Mascara Review

I got my hands on Benefit's Bad Gal Lashes when I redeemed a Benefit 500 Point Perk gift set, which you can see here. I've wore the mascara a few times but never got around to writing a post so finally, here it is.

Benefit BADgal Lashes Makeup Review Eyes Mascara Tube Official

Production Description From Benefit's Site

Why we love it!

Sexy, dramatic, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. Famously big brush coats lashes with our thick black formula. It's as BAD as you want to be! .

Who else loves it!

2011 Temptalia The Readers' Choice Award, best mascara
2010 Elle Top 5 Awards, best mascara

How to apply

Wiggle the wand at the base of lashes then sweep upward from root to tip. Layer for added drama.

Beauty tip

Apply they're real! mascara to the tips of lashes for a glossy finish.


I've heard good things about this mascara so I had high hopes for it but like, Benefit They're Real mascara, it didn't quite work out. How so? Results below.



Benefit BADgal Lashes Makeup Review Eyes Mascara
BADgal Lash is a lash volumizing mascara and while I did get some decent volume out of it, the whole experience was undermined by lashes clumping.


 Benefit BADgal Lashes Makeup Review Eyes Mascara
It doesn't look too bad from the side and the formula lengthens a bit. BADgal did fare considerably better than They're Real. I can't quite figure out why Benefit's best selling mascaras are so mediocore for me. Maybe it's a combination of the formula and brush applicator.


Benefit BADgal Lashes Makeup Review Eyes Mascara Tube
The applicator wand has a large coned shaped brush. The bristles are bunched together and distributed symmetrically on the wand. I was pretty excited to try the mascara cause the brush head looks uncomplicated unlike Lancome's Hypnose Drama Mascara in "Excessive Black". Too bad, it didn't work out though.

I will give it that the product is easy to wash off with some warm water and didn't notice product migrating to my lower lid. You could probably even clean off most of it without using eye makeup remover - something I can't say so certainly about the other mascaras I've tried.The shape of the brush also really reminded me of Clinque's High Impact Mascara. Their results on me are somewhat similar with the difference of High Impact giving more definition and less clumping.

Overall, I can't personally recommend the mascara but I have heard good things about it as well. I say give it a whirl at the store and see how well the formula works for you before buying.


Retails for $19USD
Where to buy: Benefit's online or local retail store and most major cosmetics stores. 

Check here for more mascara reviews!


Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Panthenol, Silica, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Peg-100 Stearate, Pvp, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Sericin, Gossypium (Cotton) Seed Oil, Cetraria Islandica Extract, Sorbic Acid, Bht, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain +/- : Iron Oxides (Ci 77491- Ci77492- Ci 77499), Mica, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288). N° 02521/N.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Love it! Live it! Makeup Reviews © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects