O.C.C. Liptars Review feat. Hush, Memento and Clockwork

I've had Obessive Complusive Cosmetics (O.C.C.) Liptars for some time but wasn't compelled to write anything on it until I started blending these together. 

OCC liptars rose to fame thanks to their highly pigmented, quality products that became instant favorites among makeup bloggers and vloggers. About a year ago Sephora started carrying OCC liptars and these guys just exploded into the scene internationally.

For those who have never heard of liptars, they are highly pigmented liquid lipstick in a squeeze tube. They don't actually contain tar and are paraben-free, 100% Vegan and cruelty-free. The products are so pigmented that only a small drop is needed to fully cover your lips. They last for 6-8 hours easily even with drinking and eating.

The product has a shelf life of one year. I've had 4 liptars for other a year and haven't noticed any problems. (knock on wood) Eventually though, you can expect the product to seperate in the tube, kinda like nail polish but nothing a good shake couldn't fix. You'll also notice the peppermint scent to be different. I believe it's still good to use but just to be sure keep your caps, openings and brushes clean. Try it on your hand if you're doubtful and of course see your doctor if you get a reaction! Stop using it as well...pretty much what I say about all the products I review.

O.C.C. Liptar Review Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Hush Memento Clockwork Review

I grabbed the three-pack featuring lovely neutrals: Hush, Memento, and Clockwork. Prior to getting the three pack, I had a very difficult time deciding on one liptar that would give me the exact neutral lip I was looking for. Turns out I like two kinds of neutral lip color, one rosy-toned and the other tan-toned. I was missing one dark neutral color (which I later found to be Marion) in order to achieve those two shades I wanted.

I will feature Marion in a different post but check out my three-blend from the pack I got below.



O.C.C. Liptar Review Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Hush Memento Clockwork blend look
I blended Hush, Memento and Clockwork for a light nude pink shade. I found the order you apply the colors doesn't matter. It's how much you add of the color that will determine the final shade. You can squeeze the lipstick onto a mixing palette of choice or you can apply directly on your lips. The results are very similar as long as you blend well.



O.C.C. Liptar Review Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Hush Memento Clockwork blend
Here's a closeup. The color this blend produces is so pretty and easy on the eyes. I used the same blend in my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Primer review where I found this shade went very well with pink eyeshadows.

These liptars are all part of OCC's matte line. They go on glossy but dry semi-matte. The sheen you are seeing in the photos above is from my Nivea lip balm that I have underneath the lipstick. If I didn't wear a moisturizing lip balm, it'd look a little less shiny. The sheen eventually fades as the hours go on. I don't typically have feathering issues with the products but I know it's pretty common so I do recommend priming your lips with a lip liner.

O.C.C. Liptar Review Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Hush Memento Clockwork Swatches
Here's the swatch to all the colors. I have Marion in here which I'll feature in a seperate post. I put a little too much Memento and too little Hush in the swatch. In the lips photo above this one, there is more Hush for achieve a lighter shade.

Caution! You only need a very small drop for your lips. For the purpose of swatching, I used a drop the size of a dime which if you were to put on your lips would be way too much.

This is what my arm looks like after two rounds of makeup remover and soap. It really goes to show how pigmented these products are. You can also use them as stains too. While OCC recently released a Stained Gloss line, you could apply your matte liptar and wipe-off for a stain effect as well. The liptars have long staying power but you will find that your lips start to dry after 3-4 hours depending what climate you live in. I re-apply lip balm and then another coat of lip tar to keep my lips moisturized and the color looking fresh.


O.C.C. Liptar Review Obsessive Complusive Cosmetics Hush Memento Clockwork package
The three-pack came in a large sized plastic zip bag with a long lip brush. I haven't used this brush but I am currently using a minature version of it that comes with the single-pack liptars. They are small enough to carry around in any makeup pouches. I do find this big plastic baggy to be very useful. I keep all my liptars in it. :)

I love liptars for their pigment, peppermint scent, paraben-free and cruelty-free qualities. The products have gone up quite a bit in price. Orignally, they sold for around $12-$13 but have gone up to $18 in the last few years. I could still justify the price at $18 because they do last a long time - over a year depending how often you use them but if they go up to $22-24 range, I'll probably stop buying them. Sephora currently sells them for $22.50USD which is overpriced. If you get them from Sephora, I recommend getting them in packs because that brings down the cost of each one. I bought this pack for about $45USD which worked out to be $15 a piece.

Unfortunately, this particular three-pack is no longer available. You can get them individually though and there's a chance they may come back in some other combo pack in the future. Unless you are buying one liptar, always check what combo pack they may possibly come in to save yourself some money.


Retails For: No longer available. They are sold individually for $18 USD
Available at: OCC Liptar online or other authorized online or local retailers. Check OCC website
for full list.


Ingredients

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Oil, Mentha X Peprita (Peppermint) Oil, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate
May Contain: Silica Dimethyl Silylate, D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, D&C Red #30, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Love it! Live it! Makeup Reviews © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects